Discipline in DAV refers to internal self-control. Discipline is not imposed but its values are so inculcated in the students in that discipline becomes inherent. A positive approach to discipline is taught. At DAV, students should take note of the following:
- Regular attendance and punctuality shall be observed.
- Participation in all academic as well as co-curricular activities is a must.
- Entry into the school premises in school uniform only (except for special occasion).
- Compulsory attendance in Vipassana meditation if prescribed by school authority.
- Misconduct in the form of disobedience, breaking school rules and regulation will be considered as serious offence.
- Non-vegetarian food on the school premises is strictly prohibited.
- Students are not allowed to bring self-driven personal vehicles in the school, except bicycles.